My selected optional rules and house rules (as best as I can remember) looked something like this:
- 3d6 in order for stats.
- Secondary skills - no non-weapon proficiencies.
- No kits.
- No sub-races.
- Actually, pretty much nothing from the Complete books series.
- No specialty priests.
- No weapon proficiencies - I at first experimented with weapon groups from The Complete Fighter's Handbook (which sees final fruition in third edition) but ended up abandoning proficiencies entirely.
- A 10 second combat round.
- Nothing at all from the Player's Options books.